Master of Science in Global Real Assets (MS-GRA)
Emerge as a Leader Ready to Impact the Future of Real Estate
The real estate landscape is shifting, raising the need for professionals who can develop, manage, and sustain built environments. Gain the expertise to thrive in this competitive field with the MS-GRA degree from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, in partnership with its Steers Center for Global Real Estate.
This 30-credit in-person program expands your talents beyond real estate, establishing a foundation in infrastructure and providing insights on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. Take classes two weekdays a week, affording you the opportunity for secure internships in the field. By seeking your master’s degree with one of North America’s top 15 business schools, you can gain core skills for aligning real asset strategies with sustainable business models.
We designed this in-person program for established and entry-level professionals — no past experience is needed to seek this future-focused degree. Scholarships are available! There are no GRE/GMAT requirements, and an application fee waiver is available.*
Applied Curriculum with Immersive Global Experience
Graduate With Your Cohort in 12 Months
In-Person in Washington, D.C.
An Immersive Learning Experience
Designed by an expert team from the Georgetown’s Steers Center for Global Real Estate, the MS-GRA fosters creativity and innovation through cutting-edge experiences in class and around the globe. From the opening residency through the international capstone, you’ll build expertise in concepts at the intersection of real estate, infrastructure, and ESG.
Build Equity in Your Real Estate Career
The value of the global asset management industry climbed above $100 trillion in 2020.1 With our M.S. in Global Real Assets program, you can acquire qualifications for roles with employers driving the growth of real assets in numerous areas, including real estate, banking, financial services, energy, risk management, government, and technology.
Global Real Assets Careers
- Investment Analyst: $95,570 per year2
- Asset Management Analyst: $93,000 per year3
- Senior Asset Manager: $89,532 per year4
- Real Assets Manager: $85,764 per year5
- Portfolio Manager: $93,260 per year6
- Acquisition Associate: $70,015 per year7
About Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, located in Washington, D.C., prepares students to become globally minded, principled leaders ready to address the most significant challenges and opportunities facing business and society. The McDonough School of Business positions you for success after graduation by providing opportunities to:
- Access professional guidance from alumni mentors
- Make career connections with industry leaders
- Receive career support from a team with real estate experience
Request More Information
Explore another real estate program with the Georgetown School of Continuing Studies
Ready to become a leader in the real estate industry? Explore the online Master’s in Real Estate program from the School of Continuing Studies.
The online Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate from Georgetown University develops your critical real estate skills at the highest academic level. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the fluctuating commercial real estate market, enabling you to differentiate yourself in this competitive industry. Led by a faculty of prominent real estate professionals, our program incorporates unique industry insights and expertise into courses, offering an engaging curriculum rooted in industry application and best practices.
- Largest real estate program in the D.C. area and one of the top programs in the U.S.
- 100% online, asynchronous courses
- 11 courses totaling 33 credit hours, designed to give you a strong academic foundation and insight into the most complex issues facing the real estate industry
- 2-year program that can be taken part-time or full-time
- Build connections through a broad network of partner organizations with opportunities for mentoring, internships, and additional resources
Sources and Disclaimer
- McKinsey & Company. “Crossing the horizon: North American asset management in the 2020s.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.mckinsey.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Financial Analysts.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Management Analysts.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm.
- Payscale. “Average Senior Asset Manager Salary.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Real Estate Asset Manager Salary.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Portfolio Manager Salary.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Acquisitions Associate Salary.” Retrieved February 1, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/.
*The application fee waiver is available to those who apply after attending an event for this program.